At 10.25pm on Friday 29 November, a police helicopter crashed into the Clutha bar in Glasgow.
Select upto 6 subjects
Real and Smooth Holdings Limited ("We") is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy and to safeguarding your personal information. We want your experience of our services to be safe, interactive, enjoyable and entertaining. This means that we may need to collect personal information from you, and you may wish to contribute personal information to us.
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is The Data Protection Controller and you may contact them using the form at the bottom of this page.
We may collect and process the following information about you:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our websites including www.realradioxs.co.uk, www.smoothradio.co.uk, www.realradio.co.uk and any regional website that you are redirected to as a result "(our "Sites")". This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites, subscribing to any of our services (such as newsletters, blogs, live chats and forums), posting material, amending your personal account details and preferences on services such as MySmooth™ or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion, and when you report a problem with any of our Sites. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number or date of birth, depending on the activity.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of any transactions and interactions you carry out through our Sites and of the fulfilment of any orders for products or services.
- Details of your visits to our Sites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- Store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognise you when you return to our Site.
- Quickly and accurately fill in forms with the information you have previously provided to us.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of the data you transmit to our Sites. Any transmission is therefore at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to any of our services.
We may also use your personal information to contact you about products and services by email, text, post, telephone or via messages displayed on our digital services (such as mobile applications, Websites or digital radio devices). If you do want us to use your data in this way please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
Our commitment to your privacy is absolute. We will not therefore sell or share your personal information to marketers outside of the Real and Smooth group of companies unless we have your explicit consent to do so.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 285 men aged under 40 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, Men in M15). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of Real and Smooth group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Real and Smooth Holdings Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data.
Our sites may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can request what information we have stored on our systems that relate to you by contacting us.